AESA/RM at Left Forum 2012
AESA is sponsoring four panels at the 2012 Left Forum, which will take place at Pace University, 16-18 March 2012. The theme of the conference is "Occupy the System: Confronting Global Capitalism." You can find more information at http://www.leftforum.org/.
OCCUPY THE U.S. ECONOMY
- Catherine Mulder, chair/discussant
- Michael Hillard and Richard McIntyre, "Capitalist Class Agency and the New Deal Order: Against the Notion of a Limited Capital-Labor Accord"
- David Brennan, "Too Bright for Comfort: A Kaleckian Analysis of U.S. Profits from 1952 to 2009"
- Rob Burns, "A Marxian Political Economist at the Philadelphia Constitutional Convention of 1787"
- Phil Kozel, chair/discussant
- David Kristjanson-Gural, "The Economic Way of (Not) Thinking"
- Stephen Healy, "Take Back the Economy: Ethical Re-Occupation of the Economic Imaginary"
- Maliha Safri, "Economics, Representation, and the Occupation"
OCCUPY THE NONCAPITALIST ECONOMY
- Mwangi wa Githinji, chair/discussant
- Richard Wolff, "Occupy Socialism's Legacy: A Marxist Proposal"
- Cecilia Rio, "Occupy Domestic Labor"
- Catherine Mulder, "An Alternative to Capitalism: The Case of the London Symphony Orchestra"
ART AND DESIGN IN THE OCCUPATION
- Elizabeth Ramey, chair/discussant
- Malcolm Rio, "Occupy Graphic Design"
- OWS Health Action Group (Babak Karimi, Robert Sember, Jesal Kapadia, and Susan Jahoda), "Designs for the Occupation: Architecture and Health"
- Nitasha Dhillon and Amin Husain, "Tidal Waves: Occupying Museums, Theory, and Art"